Metroid Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Universe

A Role Playing site that takes place in the Metroid universe

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord
Latest topics
» Vela Aran
Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 am by Pink Cat

» Lexi-4(WIP)
Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 pm by Pink Cat

» Vela Faden
Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm by Pink Cat

» Espera Nota, Hero of The War
Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 pm by Sivus Grahn

» Laura / L-98
Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm by Fox the Ruffian

» Regina Locke
Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:45 pm by Pink Cat

» Lyzla Attano
Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am by Pink Cat

» Allison Grace Williams
Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm by Jubilant Demon

» Samantha Anderson
Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 6:01 pm by Jubilant Demon

Character building thread

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

Location : the E.S.S Niflheim, conducting experiments on...Volunteers

Character building thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 9:33 am

Heh, wow. But yeah, I do kinda see it. Still, it's interesting and works well for the character and world I think.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 7:10 pm

I've just been watching a lot of Initial D and decided one of my characters should be a driving expert honestly. And I've always liked spaceship combat which is why I decided she's a trained pilot too.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TalonAran
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Idea for Locke after basically marathoning Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex and playing a bunch of cyberpunk-themed games like Deus Ex and Shadowrun Returns: Rather than being a secret Federation agent, she comes from a very technologically advanced, neutral planet that's themed around basically every cyberpunk setting ever, from Shadowrun to Blade Runner to Ghost in the Shell. Sorta like how Tawfret started off from my love of Post Apocalyptic settings(well started off as a zombie story but when I started taking it seriously as a setting)
Rather than being an AI, she's someone who was cyberized from a young age who became a bounty hunter, starting off as a cop on the world but deciding she was strong enough to go offworld and try to be a "spacecop", joining up with the Federation hunter program on her own rather than being dumped into it after Ghost is disbanded. Due to the tech being unique to the planet, she has to occasionally go back home to get repairs, firmware updates, even hardware updates.
Leon would stay one of the Federation's assassins.
It's a bit of a departure from how she's been for a while, but I don't think I've ever played her outside of the arena and the whole cyberpunk city planet idea has been floating around in my head for a while. As always, the main part I'm stuck on is thinking of a name for the planet.

Big part of it is that it kinda strains believably to me that the federation can cyberize someone in a replica body but Adam ends up getting stuffed in a bulky computer when he dies(And Leon Cayman having to deal with a very inhuman body). Though of course that happens with MB so it's not just me being weird with the lore. Plus I like the idea of Locke being a spacecop.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 4:30 pm

I think going with that space cop bounty hunter idea I'd add more nonlethal options to her loadout. She already has a stun baton I just gotta think of other stuff, like stun darts fired from her wrist Mankind Divided style.
She'd still go for lethal takedowns but on bounty targets she likes to take them alive.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 9:03 am

Lots of changes recently. Wish I'd been showing up more frequently.

The sad thing is that most things we do in these regards are probably never going to go beyond concept, or at most a registration. It'd be awesome to get some new members, but I don't really see that happening. At least not any members that would stick around like we did.

History of Espera's daughter:
Tasrit was born in a tube. She was a failure beyond all others. She was not desired. She could kill better than almost anyone. Those were the parts of her first day that stick with her through everything. Born by sheer accident, Tasrit is a "failed" clone of the Emperor Espera, a genetic glitch during the mutagen implantation process, her entire genetic code was warped into a state far different from her progenitor's, leaving only approximately 45% of the non-racial genetic traits from the Emperor within her DNA. The scientists and workers at the cloning facility were fearful of her very existence, not for her sake, but for fear of some form of retribution from their Emperor, known to be cold and ruthless, especially to those who fail him. Because of this, they made the "executive" decision to erase her. Unfortunately for them, she was already awake by that time. Rather than simply lie back and let herself be vaporized and all data pertaining to her wiped from the files, she lashed out at them all, destroying her cloning pod in the process. When it was done, the lab looked like something out of a sci-fi horror flick, destruction all around, lights overhead busted out and hanging down, flashing on and off brokenly, beakers and glass everywhere. It looked like a dangerous experiment had escaped confinement and gone on a rampage. And that wasn't far from the truth. She would have ended up running through the facility, killing everything in her path in a mad dash to escape and find somewhere safe, had her Progenitor not walked in then. He saw her, she saw him. Both were rather hellish sights, one just back from conquering a planet by force single handedly, covered in blood and signs of recently closed wounds, the other standing in the middle of a massacre and lab-destruction scene, naked and glowing bright blue, with a fair amount of blood on their alternative appendages as well. It didn't take long for Espera to piece together what happened while his mutated clone stared at him blankly, utterly at a loss for what to do. To her surprise, his first words to her were "Let's go get you some clothes, then we can deal with this mess." From there, it was a short trip to figuring everything out and Espera deciding not to waste this opportunity and claiming her as his first child (His only daughter prior having died decades ago, and having been his daughter only in name) and adding her genetic code to the cloning banks memory. After that, for a time, life was on easy street for Tasrit. Though she had no name or real identity outside of the Emperor's child (gender undetermined at that point), her every need was waited on, and every wish catered to. But something was missing; it was certainly pleasant being waited on hand and foot, but it left much to be desired. There was no real sense of fulfillment in her life, and the fact that she was constantly producing phazon (basically raw power in her case) meant that she had much excess energy to burn off, but with no outlet to do so, she was left feeling more and more pent up with every passing minute. Eventually, her self-restraint broke completely, and she ran through the halls of the capital ship in a frenzy, leaving destruction in her wake. It was only when Espera himself stepped in and used force that she was stopped and calmed down. Noting her potential, and similarities to him, he had her placed in many combat training simulations (all virtual instances with constantly changing patterns, to confuse and adapt the trainee to real combat), teaching her combat technique himself alternatingly. When he felt she was ready, he equipped her with a specially designed custom combat armor, and sent her off on her first mission: hunting down and killing a dangerous criminal who was once a member of the Esperian Empire. She came back dripping blood and carrying a severed head in one hand, and a jar of dust in the other. After that, it was off to The Hunters Guild, where she would start out at the lowest rank, and eventually work her way all the way up to SS rank. Her primary identification as female occurred from watching various forms of entertainment media (typically published on earth before The War), where she decided that females looked better and chose to run with it (there's really no deeper meaning, or at least not one I'm going to mention). Her name was the result of a four hour long brainstorming session with her "Father" where they tried to come up with good names for her (after her feminization).
Kinda so that I don't just let her sit forever. Something to kick me in the ass and get me working on her again. Or at least thinking about her to be able to do any work in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 10:26 am

I don't know if Talon Locke's planet will even show up in an RP like Hawke's does but I think I am going to go through with the "cyberized but not federation cyberized" idea.
I'm gonna stick around this site even without activity, never know when people will stumble on it like I stumbled on it a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 12:42 am

I'm thinking one of the rules with Phazer psionics(I'm thinking the Tawfretian ones would explicitly get them from Phazon influence) would be that all they do is space/gravity/matter manipulation, after looking back at just how much interesting stuff you could do with this with Biotics in Mass Effect, especially in Andromeda. Or maybe they just manifest differently in people and this is all Hawke is capable of doing aside from basic telepathy.
Basically I want my version of Hawke to fight like my Mass Effect Andromeda character based off her.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 4:41 am

Honestly lost interest in the idea of Hawke being an elf on both sites. And I decided to adapt her cybernetic arm in the TFRP setting by having it basically be a mana powered prosthetic that works exactly the same as the arm on here, and she's still a Hellwatcher. I got the mana powered prosthetic idea from a DnD discussion I had with a friend where I thought up the idea of basically attaching a Warforged arm to someone and using it as a prosthetic.

Edit: Another thing, Hawke did not participate in the battle that took out the Tawfretian Authority(really gotta think of a better name...). At some point she was captured by them and when she escaped she stole one of the ships they had. I was also thinking her capture(and interrogation) would be the reason she was so scarred in the Treceran storyline, as her damage didn't fully heal yet.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 11:48 am

huh. That's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 5:55 pm

Added another story to my story thread, this one detailing Hawke's capture by the Tawfretian Authority. I just thought it'd be a fun story to write, I like John Wick-ish action scenes so I kinda tried to go for that with wounded Hawke.

She does not go down easily, though a big reason she got herself captured is her impatience.

Edit: Added her escape too. I sorta glossed over how she got tortured(or at least referred to it in past tense) because I feel like I would've made it really oddly detailed and graphic compared to the rest of the post and it would've been out of place.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 4:54 pm

So I've thought out a lot of stuff for the Hellwatchers/Talon Hawke on Total Fantasy.

The Hellwatchers are a demon-hunting order that believed one of the only ways to fight the demon and other monsters that plagued the land was to use their own power against them. All of them have a demon rune tattooed on them that gives them demonic power, though at the cost of eventually becoming fully-corrupted demons, with the time depending on how strong-willed the host is, which leads to the uncommon(but not rare) sight of a group of hellwatchers executing an ally after a battle. The runes give abilities such as enhanced strength, speed, and the ability to bring out a "dark soul", which is a demon manifested from a corrupted Hellwatcher's soul. Every Hellwatcher has one, though they're used sparingly as obviously such a thing leads to faster corruption unless the person knows exactly what they're doing.

Some Hellwatchers are descended from demons themselves, known to them as Taintbloods, and actually do not have the same corruption issue as the human ones, funny enough. They are also able to summon other demons that they convince to join them alongside their own dark soul(which tends to be much stronger than the human ones, for obvious reasons), and are capable of casting demonic magic, something outlawed among the Hellwatchers as it leads to MUCH faster corruption. Taintbloods are generally hated among the Hellwatchers, but respected at the same time by higher ups simply because they get the job done, live much longer, and don't corrupt easily, as such they are the only Hellwatchers authorized to enter hell rifts. Hawke is one of these, of course, and numerous others would show up in the setting.

I still haven't decided on the tech level for the setting, I was thinking 1980-90s-level tech.
I kinda feel better about building this setting just because I feel like it could actually get used and I got more freedom to do what I want with it.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 6:41 am

And similar to the concept of Demon Runes boosting the powers of people, I'm adding the concept of Psi Augs to the Metroid version. Something developed by the Tawfretian Alliance/Sons of Tawfret, these boost the abilities of mutants with psionic potential. Mostly passive abilities, such as increased speed and strength, the augs work by being injected straight into the brain and "convincing" the brain that this is how their body works. Strong Psionics have it actually alter their bodies, while non-Psionics just get delusions of it working, which is why they're not used on non-psionics due to being nothing but harmful for them. An active amplifier is needed for using active abilities, the the augs are used to "learn" powers they can use with their amps.
I got the idea for this concept from the Prey game that's gonna be coming out in a week.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 10:42 am

I kinda hate how I'm basically going back on a lot of developments in the zombie storyline but I was actually thinking she has to lose her cybernetic arm because when she tries boosting her regeneration with psionics her arm actually starts growing back. Or something like the cybernetic arm starting to reject her genetics so she has to get it removed and her biological arm regrown, though she keeps the cybernetic in a container in her quarters on her ship since she considers it a gift from Rose.
I'm starting to think I'd rather have a big emphasis on psionics instead.
I kinda feel like giving her a cybernetic limb was just a sorta forced event that I only wanted to do because the idea was cool to me at the time because I was replaying Phantom Pain, same with how I'm making her suit able to change because I don't want her to look like Doomslayer anymore..

Edit: Realized this basically 100% makes her the Talon Aran replacement, feel like I'm doing more cool stuff with the concept though.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:36 pm

I just had this thought when I was about to go to bed and I don't really want to lose it. I thought of a good way to explain Arcturus Horrigan's hatred for the Federation(something I was kinda iffy on whether I'd keep or just have him be territorial, I might not even keep this idea)

Instead of Horrigan losing his arms during a botched assassination attempt, he gets captured at one point and tortured by the RAITs that set up a base on the planet, being held there for several years and losing his arms and an eye to them, with Hawke saving him from the base after finally managing to find him. And she happens to pick up the thoughts that they're Federation black ops personnel, or he finds a document confirming it, and with him being significantly more angry and spiteful thanks to several years of being a prisoner, an enemy is made.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 5:04 am

Random thing I thought of but even though the characters I make are made with being able to be used in their own universe or something in mind, I still kinda think of them like I'm designing a Metroidvania character. Like if Locke were in one, her drone would be used to go through morphball vents and get things(though she can still crawl through some, just inaccessible ones for the drone) and her body would be able to absorb abilities like Samus's suit getting upgrades.

Laelia would work like Juste Belmont from Castlevania, with Fantasy-Hawke playing like a mix of Alucard, Soma Cruz, and Shanoa from the same series. Sci-Fi Hawke would probably be more along the lines of Morgan from Prey 2017 and Doomslayer(not entirely a metroidvania but still reminds me of Metroid Prime in ways)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character building thread   Character building thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character building thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2