Metroid Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Universe

A Role Playing site that takes place in the Metroid universe

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord
Latest topics
» Vela Aran
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 am by Pink Cat

» Lexi-4(WIP)
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 pm by Pink Cat

» Vela Faden
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm by Pink Cat

» Espera Nota, Hero of The War
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 pm by Sivus Grahn

» Laura / L-98
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm by Fox the Ruffian

» Regina Locke
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:45 pm by Pink Cat

» Lyzla Attano
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am by Pink Cat

» Allison Grace Williams
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm by Jubilant Demon

» Samantha Anderson
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 6:01 pm by Jubilant Demon

Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Aran

Aran

Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Empty
PostSubject: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:57 am

((note; I got this idea from the thread in Twin Tabula. Anyone is welcome, cause i need ideas for the group.))

Kisa had landed on the planet Zebes, at a small open space port. Even though the area was small, it was packed. Tons of people had come to see the place where the legendary Samus' first mission had begun. Kisa gave a mechanical sigh. "What did the Federation request me to be here for?" She walked around until some Federation greeted her and led her to something that would creep even her out: a tourist guide station. She wanted to request a transfer, but the Federation had requested her to do this and had already payed her. A woman handed her a small chip and she inserted it into the slot in the back of her neck. Data streamed to her eyes.

--Transmission Start--
We understand that you are a bounty hunter, but being designed by the Chozo, we request that you act as a guide though Zebes. We first requested Samus, but upon hearing our offer, she disappeared. You must guide a group though Brinstar and then Chozoida. Please note that you have already been given your credits for doing this mission. No not let any tourists get killed please.
--Transmission End--

Data on the two areas that Kisa was supposed to lead the group though flashed though her mind, as she suddenly knew everything the Federation had on the two areas. "Let's get this over with." She said, and went out to meet up with the group she was touring.

"Welcome to the Galactic Federation's guide of Zebes. Due to the fact that many areas are highly dangerous, we will be going though only two areas: Brinstar and Chozoida." Her eyes scanned the group. They all seemed fit and able, and they knew the trip would take at least a day or two. A woman whose face was hidden caught her eye, as she seemed slightly suspicious, but then again, these people had guts. "Shall we begin?" The group nodded, as they went into a public transport and set off. The front of the vehicle was open, leaving Kisa open for attack by native species, so she kept her thermal scanner on at all times. "Currently we are headed Brinstar. Brinstar is an underground complex of caverns and jungles on Zebes that appears in most Metroid games. Home to many creatures, Brinstar was used as a Space Pirate base. It is relatively easy to navigate, and we should be there in about an hour..." She continued on with the information that was downloaded into her head.
Back to top Go down
http://lunarkingdom.proboards.com
Samus-Chief

Samus-Chief

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:33 am

Akiba had run up behind the group, as he was under the same mission and was too kelp Kisa, of whom he knew nothing about.
"Sorry Kisa..." He said, regaining his breath.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/NultimateNarutoRPG
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:59 am

"And you are?" Kisa asked in her metallic voice. "Are you the designated assistant of mine for this mission?" Her yellow robotic eyes watched him carefully.
Back to top Go down
Samus-Chief

Samus-Chief

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:50 am

"Uh... yeah."
Akiba thought to himself why are they always girls with heavy armor?
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:51 pm

Kisa nodded. "I am Kisa Rikuya, designated code AIX-0001, since I am an android built by the Chozo." She turned to the group. "If you've noticed, we've begun to reach the Upper Brinstar, the Jungle part. Its home to many species of flora and fauna. This is also the most maze-like part, and was the home of the Spore Spawn. The Spore Spawn was one of the more notable creature that Aran fought. The Spore Spawn is a gigantic plant that was genetically engineered by the Space Pirates, according to the information Aran gave the Federation." She looked at Akiba. "Keep a look out for any creatures. We don't want anyone killed in this."
Back to top Go down
Samus-Chief

Samus-Chief

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:13 am

"Oh hey! A geemer!"
Akiba loved these things; he actually keeps one as a pet. They are the only creatures in the entire universe he finds to some degree to be... cute.
"The Geemer. A beetle like creature that has a thick shell and spikes all around its body. Don't touch it; it secretes an acid that can corrode Federation Power Suits. They follow a set path on their journey, searching for food bits to eat from the cave walls. Obviously, there are some downfalls. They are resistant to most disease, but these caves aren't clean, and Geemers are credited with infecting many planets, as the Space Pirates Genetically enhance them and take them to other planets. Here are some pictures of Them. As you can see, they have many different types."
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Super_Metroid_Creatures_Zoomer
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide 250px-Zoomer
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Thumb_zoomer
"I actually keep as a pet the last kind. There are very little of his kind left, as they are the first in the evolutionary chain. These are the only kind that do not secrete the acid. The kind we are seeing now is the first one."

Last edited by Samus-Chief on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I needed to make a small change.)
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:48 am

Kisa nodded. "You're right. I will also warn you to keep your hands, feet, head, and other body parts inside the vehicle as some of the plants are carnivorous." She proved this by sticking her hand out as a planet came to live and tried to rip it off, but she took a step back.
Back to top Go down
Samus-Chief

Samus-Chief

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 4:00 am

A shell came out over the top of the vehicle and protected the civilians from the threat.
"That is a Skree. They make their perch on the ceilings and wait for prey, then when it passes right under them they fly down and try to impale the prey, eating what they can, before digging into the ground eventually making their way to the ceiling again."

A hologram displays a picture of one in focus.
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide SM_Skree

"The claws are most deadly. If it grabs you, if you don't have sufficient weaponry you will be eaten alive."
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:23 am

"Zebes was also home to the first Metroids that we know of, but we will not see any today." Hopefully. She finished mentally.
Back to top Go down
Samus-Chief

Samus-Chief

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:22 pm

"Ah yes. The Metroids. A parasitic creature with talons used to latch onto bodies, then leech out life force. They only take the life force; they take no fluids and it is unkown what 'life force' really is. They are the perfect predators..."
Akiba walks over to Kisa.
"It appears I know more than you."
Akiba was still unaware he was speaking to a robot.
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:08 am

Kisa shrugged. "I only know the information i download or record. Since i have not encountered any Metroids, I have not been able to complete a full scale analysis. Any information you have on a chip or disc would be helpful so i can access information. I am only an AI after all." She turned to the group again. "The body of a Metroid consists of a thick gelatinous membrane, resembling a jellyfish, which contains a set of four red, raspberry-like, quadripartite nuclei. They have two pairs of mandibles, one for gripping their prey and the other for extracting its life energy. Metroids appear to be able to sense the life energy of their prey as they have no visible sensory organs. In early stages of their development, Metroids hover in the air. The Federation found that they defy gravity by using kinetic energy that is stored in their body." An image of a Metroid came up
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide MZM_Metroid
"This is their normal stage in the Metroid life cycle. They usually don't live longer than this, but what follows is the Alpha Metroid, Gamma Metroid, Zeta Metroid, Omega Metroid, and finally the Metroid Queen."
The holographic projector showed each of the stages as Kisa spoke.
((I'm just to lazy to put in the pictures for every one of them!! Go to Metroid wiki if you want them.))
Back to top Go down
Samus-Chief

Samus-Chief

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:39 am

Akiba downloads all of the information into his personal computer.
"And look behind us! A Metroid! Wait... That's a mochtroid! Usually found in Maridia... These are creatures the pirates genetically enhanced to be like metroids. They can float and sap life, but can be killed by one ice beam shot and are extremely vulnerable to most weaponry. They leech life at a quarter the rate of Metroids, and can't latch onto things as well as metroids." A hologram appears. "A basic shaping of the metroid is seen in the corner so you may compare them. The mochtroids have one glowing nucleus, as the Metroids have three or so. Also, the Flap of tissue protecting the nucleus is nowhere to be found."
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Moctroid

((BTW THIS MISSION IS FUN!! I GET TO GO FULL NERD!!))
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:01 am

As Akiba was talking, Kisa picked up the computer and took a wire out of the back of her neck and inserted it into his computer. Coping all the files, streams of data and information was instantly downloaded into her mainframe.
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

Location : *tries to think up a clever location* Uh... Milwaukee?

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:42 am

((Just want to jump in before the 30 post limit is up... I'll join when I feel like reading the rest of the topic and have ideas. Sorry))
Back to top Go down
http://www.metroidhacked.110mb.com
Samus-Chief

Samus-Chief

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:25 am

Akiba looks around. They reach the door that leads to the elevator to brinstar.
"I'll go first, Kisa goes last, everybody else in between. That way we can cover you from both sides."
Akiba goes down first, looking around. a Zeela peeks out from the vines of Brinstar. When everybody was down, he began.
"Zeela. Similar to the Geemer, but with more distinct eyes and they prefer vegetation filled areas rather than rocky mountains."
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide SM_Zeela_Cartoon
"As you can see, they resemble a geemer-slug mix."
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:43 am

Thoth, on the the tour, recognized Akiba and walked toward the front of the line to piss him off. "Hello, sir. Mister 'Tour guide'? I have a question. With Brinstar so far below the surface of Zebes where no sunlight penetrates, how come plants, and therefore animals, are able to thrive so well in Brinstar?" Thoth disguised himself lightly, not really minding if Akiba recognized him. Thoth already knew the answer, and that was certain largely bio luminescent bugs lit Brinstar, which was also the reason it was so bright.

((I've always wanted to see somebody else's view on this. And plus, I wanna go full nerd too!))
Back to top Go down
Samus-Chief

Samus-Chief

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:52 am

"You know, I'm not a botanist, sir, but I am a... creature... ist! I know alot about the creatures down here, like the Spore Spawn! Genetically engineered by the pirates to produce energy, until they discovered metroids. Then, they let it into Brinstar, where its massive energy sources probably gave way to the answer to your very question! Maybe it helped brinstar achiev its state, as it was rocky and more cavelike before! Also, these Zeelas and some other bugs emit low light sources, enough to light the place and let the vines thrive. Hey! Thoth?! Why'd you ask me? You'd know the answer yourself! Ha-ha! What brings you here, man?"
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:19 pm

((NERD PARTY!!))
"Let's continue, shall we?" Kisa said, directing the groups attention to her. She had completed downloading all the information while Akiba and Thoth were talking. A small floating beetle-like creature with flames coming from one end whizzed past, causing some tourists' heads to turn. "That would be what is called a Ripper. Rippers are small floating beetles which move horizontally back and forth, and are best known for their near-invulnerability. A variation of them, which you just saw is the Ripper II. Ripper IIs are red or purple-colored Rippers which travel much faster than their rust-colored counterparts, and have exhaust flames behind them, apparantly jet-propelled. These creatures generally have more bulk than common Rippers and are more rectangular in shape. It is unknown if Ripper IIs are naturally born or if the Space Pirates have somehow modified them, but they are still studied." As some tourists took out cameras and such, she walked over to Akiba and Thoth. "You two are familiar to each-other, right?"
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 2:39 pm

"Zoologist." Thoth corrected. "And I'm here to correct the tour guides because I'm bored. It's true that Spore Spawn was a space pirate project, they didn't create it until the plot of their second attempt to take Zebes, plans that started long after the first time they took over, during which, if I remember correctly, was very lush, as opposed to this rocky state." He thought for a bit and then said, "They're probably still planning to do that. They just need something to provoke them... And I can put together a clear idea on what that might be."

Shasta was still on SR388, researching Metroids. He had reported countless deaths due to Metroids, and Thoth knew that the government will soon need to destroy them. That would make the Metroid DNA information extremely valuable, and the pirates would likely do anything to get it to create more power. And then they would turn to the long forsaken, but updated Zebesian central control plan. The one with Spore Spawn. So Thoth sensed Spore Spawn was likely to be born again soon.

"Yeah, we've done a few missions..."

((By the way, are we Post Corruption or Post Super Metroid?))
Back to top Go down
Samus-Chief

Samus-Chief

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:40 am

The vehicle descends, then comes upon a group of what are best described as 'alien teddy bears.'
"Etacoons!
These are sentient creatures with agility on par with that of the chozo! They are specialists at wall jumping. If only we could harness their power..."
Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Etecoon_3_flex_look
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:50 am

((Post-Fusion))
"Actually," A woman from the back said, "I heard that the Etacoons taught the Hunter Aran how to navigate though certain areas with a wall jump of some sort." Kisa stared at the woman who spoke and scanned her. Finding the information she wanted, Kisa simply cast her gaze to Akiba to see how he would answer.
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:13 am

"Actually, it is believed that a trio of Etecoons are currently with Samus, along with a Dachora and her child. The federation could not find their X counterpart, not them at the remains of BSL, so it is generally believed so." Thoth waited a bit before telling Akiba that a wall jump can easily be achieved with a certain device that goes on the sole of a shoes and hands covered in relatively small hooked structures.
Back to top Go down
Samus-Chief

Samus-Chief

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:57 am

Akiba looked around for any creatures. He was surprised at the detour.
"Why... Why are we heading to Norfair?"
A hologram appeared, with the client on-screen.
"Look in the mail center. 30 Varia Suits."
Akiba falls backwards and opens the box. 30 suits. He distributes them among the people.
"Here we go..."
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:02 am

"Did the federation study the suits that well? A Varia suit for everyone? I have to say that surprises me a bit."
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:51 am

"They are not the true form of Varia, but they are the closest the Federation has to achieving the Chozo's suit. It will protect you all fine. According to records, the Federation were not given much time to analyze Aran's suit, and after the BSL incident, she has not been seen by anyone." She turned to the group. "I would also suggest that you be very careful in this small detour, since the only real areas that humans can naturally survive in are Brinstar and Crateria." The woman the in back put on a suit as well, looking around with the other tourists. "Please excuse me for a moment." Kisa said to the two, and walked to the back. A quick but quiet conversation went between Kisa and the blond woman, then Kisa returned to the front.

ooc; *snicker* the woman is going to provide some interesting stuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide   Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Job in the Galaxy -- Tourist Guide
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next