Metroid Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Universe

A Role Playing site that takes place in the Metroid universe

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord
Latest topics
» Vela Aran
Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 am by Pink Cat

» Lexi-4(WIP)
Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 pm by Pink Cat

» Vela Faden
Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm by Pink Cat

» Espera Nota, Hero of The War
Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 pm by Sivus Grahn

» Laura / L-98
Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm by Fox the Ruffian

» Regina Locke
Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:45 pm by Pink Cat

» Lyzla Attano
Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am by Pink Cat

» Allison Grace Williams
Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm by Jubilant Demon

» Samantha Anderson
Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 6:01 pm by Jubilant Demon

Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

Location : the E.S.S Niflheim, conducting experiments on...Volunteers

Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Empty
PostSubject: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 7:05 pm

Plans for the battle between Apocalypse age Espera (Temporal clone) and Talon Locke, a byproduct of one of his genetic bombardments of a planet. Would that make this revenge? Or a "Thank you" battle?
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 7:39 pm

Bit of both.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TalonAran
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 7:55 pm

...Actually, that was just meant to spice the post up. I honestly wasn't expecting/going for a serious response to that. Anyway, arena layout? planet, space-ship, open space, dynamic, basic arena, etc, etc? Also, sorry for taking so long. I was reading comments on an extended version of Other M's Ridley theme, and it was actually quite absorbing. I was surprised at how powerfully and intelligently this one guy (or these one or two guys) defended the game against the people who go "HATE!!!11!1!1!!!!1!*SPAZ*", which is really how most people I see commenting on the game react.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 8:13 pm

I personally really wasn't that big of a fan of Other M(mostly the controls and voice acting.) but I did like that version of the theme.
I'd say it could start off with a space battle then turn into a planet battle once one of their ships crashes.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 8:19 pm

Well, that would probably be a battle between the big ships, and I honestly think the UNSC (ESS) Mother of Invention would win hands down. BFC built right in. But either way, I'mma be going to sleep soon, so finish planning? Sure. Go into the fight? probably not.

on the Other M topic...well, there's not much I can say. Admittedly, yeah, the voice acting wasn't the best, but I don't really expect much from English dubs anymore, they tend to be mediocre at best, so with that in mind, Other M actually did fantastic compared to what I'm used to. And with controls...I dunno, I never had any real problems, and they weren't so easy or broken (like some people say) that they ruined the experience. I really don't get that one actually. I would like to ask what problems you had with the controls, maybe I just overlooked them, and I kind of want to know, ya'know?
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 8:29 pm

On the main topic I'd figure Talon would be in the Normandy fighting alongside a big ship, helping to take out Espera's ship.

On the Other M topic I just found the controls really uncomfortable and it felt like they went without the nunchuck for no real reason. 3D movement on a D-Pad never really felt right to me, even when I had a (pre-dualshock) PS1 as a kid.
And personally I don't think the whole "cinematic" style with lots of cutscenes suits Metroid games that much. I liked Prime's style of storytelling where it just gave you all the backstory to piece together what the hell happened on the planet through logs you scan.
I think the gameplay style would work a lot better on the Wii U though, even the first person transition control.
I don't hate the game, I just consider it kinda alright, which ends up making it my least favorite one because the other ones range from great to amazing to me.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 8:37 pm

Alongside a big ship? You're saying we would be pitting the whole GF against this one guy with only a small crew on a big ship (Yes, he's actually only got a small crew of engineers with training that makes them double as combatants in the ship, despite how I talked it up in the Bio)? I may need to figure out what kind of extra-dimensional shit his suit transformed into if he's going to be fighting a whole organized group that's just being led by Talon.
Oh, and his personal fighter, I should probably finish the weapons systems for that if I'm going to be going up against such a big group.

As for the second topic. ...I actually don't have anything to say, I fully understand your points, and agree with several (Though I've never had much if any trouble doing the 3D movements with a D-pad), and don't have enough against to actually say I disagree with any point at all, which is quite impressive given that I have always seemed to disagree with at least one point of anyone's, even the people who are mostly trying to defend the game.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 8:40 pm

Er wait shit I called it the Normandy, it's the Ebon Hawk. At least I only did that in planning stages. Though it could probably just be a fight between the Ebon Hawk and the other ship.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 8:46 pm

That would be helpful. I kind of wanted to wait for a while before introducing the weapons on the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse, and Apocalypse' true suit. Especially since trying to envision an extra-dimensional entity, let alone an armor that designs itself to perfectly fit said entity for combat purposes, would be extremely difficult, and I hope to take some time in designing "True Cataclysm" for its full release. At that point I'll probably need to limit that form to boss status. I mean, if you think about it, he's had at least thousands of years to mutate/evolve, possibly hundreds of thousands (Or according to some, millions or hundreds of millions), he and his suit must be unbelievably advanced by now, hence why he customized it so as not to completely outclass each and every opponent he could possibly have. Or just so he doesn't drive everyone around him crazy with his Lovecraftian Powered Armor-Suit. Probably that one.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 1:59 pm

I actually really like the idea of a mainly ship oriented battle so let's go with this.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Okay. who starts? Cause I've actually never done a ship battle before, the closest was Armstrong V Dead-Zone, remember? And we never actually pitted ship against ship in full capacity, just a short combat scene ending in a ram attack.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 2:27 pm

I'm not entirely sure how to start this off.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 2:32 pm

Scheiße. Do you want me to try and start it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key   Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apocalyptic battle under Locke and key
Page 1 of 1