Metroid Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Universe

A Role Playing site that takes place in the Metroid universe

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord
Latest topics
» Vela Aran
Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 am by Pink Cat

» Lexi-4(WIP)
Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 pm by Pink Cat

» Vela Faden
Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm by Pink Cat

» Espera Nota, Hero of The War
Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 pm by Sivus Grahn

» Laura / L-98
Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm by Fox the Ruffian

» Regina Locke
Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:45 pm by Pink Cat

» Lyzla Attano
Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am by Pink Cat

» Allison Grace Williams
Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm by Jubilant Demon

» Samantha Anderson
Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 6:01 pm by Jubilant Demon

Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

Location : the E.S.S Niflheim, conducting experiments on...Volunteers

Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Empty
PostSubject: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:28 am

player ID: christen MX
character name: Bob Batshit (yes, that is really his name)
race: Mutated human (not like the X-men, so don't even go there)
height: 6'3
weight: 219 pounds
known languages: English, pyro (the language of completely insane pyromaniacs), gibberish
appearance: A thin young man, has no real "special" features aside from his long hair, and the fact that one eye is blue and brown, and the other is a fiery red-orange
Faction/Organization: none
alignment: chaotic
personality: pyro, completely insane (if his name wasn't a clue to that already), and he doesn't really have anything about him that's set because of being batshit bonkers.
strengths: has high level pyromancy (can manipulate fire very well), and is able to generate fire at will.
weaknesses: his body is VERY weak to low temperatures, he needs to be in an environment with a constant heat level around eighty degrees or he will be badly harmed. He also has some weakness to extreme temperatures, but not much of one.
likes: fire, burning things, fire, pyre (I'm fairly certain that IS a word), tropical heat levels, people who have fire, people who use fire, items involved in fire, and forests (oddly enough NOT because they burn. they bring him an odd inner peace that he doesn't feel elsewhere, and those who burn forests he will hunt down and torture brutally. he will also work towards putting forest fires out.)
dislikes: Ice, the cold, cold water, forest fires, forest burners.
equipment: Has a powered armorsuit made to make the most use of his connection with the special technology inside his body that gives him his pyromancy and related abilities, and technology inside his body that gives him said pyromancy and related abilities.
character history: Not many people truly know about the history of "Bob Batshit", originally Bob Reginald, but most of those that do were personally involved in the "incident". Originally, Bob Reginald was a regular human being, simple and honest with his feelings. Of course, he didn't know how to be anything else at the time, he was a baby when he was taken for experimentation. On the planet he was born it was tradition to take the weakest children and make them strong through scientific experiments; those that lacked, or would lack, physical strength and abilities were given seemingly supernatural abilities through controlled mutations and cybernetic implants in their living tissue, though in most cases this lead to death. Only about ten percent of the children taken survived, and all of those that did were scarred for life, both physically and mentally. Bob was one of the more serious cases in the latter aspect, completely losing his sanity and trying to kill pretty much anything in sight. The only things he didn't try to horribly burn were forests, which somehow brought about a strange peace in him. Bob grew up learning very little in a sane way, barely learning how to speak in English, most things he says, even now, are gibberish, and he can't help that. His armor-suit was made according to what was thought his body would be like when he was full grown, so it is a fair amount thicker than he is; they hadn't counted on him barely eating, thereby giving him a very thin body.

suit type: unnamed ability enhancement armor-suit
weaponry: focusers for his abilities, making them more deadly and focused than before.
shielding: cold shielding and basic shielding.

Alt-form: fire demon
Weapon systems: flame lance (creates a lance of flame that can burn large holes in most objects and melt stone and metal.)
Description: his body becomes engulfed in white hot flames, these protect him from cold as well, and he is able to manipulate said flames and burn things with much more potency than normal.

ship: fire wyrm
ship type: custom ship, no others recorded as being in existence
weapon systems: none
attachments: none
registered to the name of: Bob Reginald

Please check this guy out as soon as you can and are willing to, he's the only character I know I'll be submitting before July 4th that is a specific date character. Glitch was submitted so I could get him out of my computer's memory due to low space and it doesn't matter when you check him out.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 8:02 am

The thing where he has to be in constant heat reminds me of Mr. Freeze but with fire instead of ice. I just wanted to say that.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TalonAran
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 8:19 am

who the *BEEP* is Mr.Freeze?
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 8:24 am

A Batman villain. I just made the connection when I read it and wanted to say that.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 8:28 am

ah. I see.
Back to top Go down
Toasty
Toasty

PostSubject: Re: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 4:04 am

So I have a few concerns to raise in regards to this character.

'Bob Batshit' is a dumb name out right. I've played some characters with silly names. I played a rogue in Pathfinder named 'Traveler Rhodes' before, and that name was clever and pretty meta, but 'Bob Batshit' is not a suitable name. Maybe you can give him some alien name because he grew up among the chozo and in their native tongue he was known as 'Basag Ang Pula' which translates out to 'Bat Shit Crazy' in our language, or name him after some famous pyromaniacs in history, but tell me who on earth has the surname 'Batshit'.

The powers of pyromancy, and the ability to summon fire at will, sounds very meta physical, if not magical. To my knowledge, nothing like that exists in the Metroid Continuity. Now, you could give him a power suit, or maybe just the arm of one, or quite possibly just a flame thrower, and everything would be alright. It might even make sense if he was aligned with the space pirates, or some collection of bounty hunters, but having this solo magical fire dude just running around in the universe rubs me the wrong way.

Give his ship some detail. It's custom, that's cool. How is it custom? Where did he get it? How big is it? What is it packing? What does the inside look like? You put no detail into it where there should be detail.

The same goes for your character history and personality. Tell us about the time he burnt down an orphanage just because he though the little children would burn brighter, or when he managed to scare off a group of bounty hunters sent to kill him by screaming gibberish at them and lighting a bear on fire.

The Alt-Form idea, while cool, is meta physical / magical, and I'm going to shoot you down unless you give him a power suit with the ability to do that.

Fix everything I mentioned here, and we can talk about anything wrong with it after that.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:30 am

Well, I actually can knock a few of those out, for one, Bob Batshit is not a given name, his ship is registered to Bob Reginald for a reason, it's more of a personal marker, a descriptive last name given by the group from the planet, and one way or the other, he's not from earth, but a planet far separated. The fire is somewhat of a telekinetic ability that focuses on much smaller groupings than most, causing molecules to vibrate in place in such and such a way that in the larger world they ignite. The alt. form is made doable by the cybernetic augmentations that are required for the induced mutations to be survivable, in his case they make him fire proof and able to survive certain heat conditions that would induce either instant death or brain damage to any regular human. The reason I didn't give him a suit to start with was to balance the character out, preventing him from being overpowered with his already significant semi-telekinetic powers over fire. As for the ship, it's not actually anything special or noteworthy, he just needs a transport and a space faring ship that is constantly on fire would both fit him and be awesome... wait a minute, I just looked at my character, and he DOES have a suit, one made to focus the powers given by the experimentation on him, where did you get a lack of suit from? *sigh* But, on with the more important stuff; Actually, I just looked over your post again, and I've already covered just about everything. If you must know about the ship though, it looks like a giant flaming wyrm, a form of dragon commonly depicted as having no arms or legs, a long serpentine body, and large wings, and has no weapon systems or attachments, the inside is fairly standard, aside from a somewhat organic look to it, the entrance is the mouth. And, as for the history, it describes what is needed to know about him, where he got his strange powers, his odd suit, and his batshit insanity. Of the things that are really set in stone, the only thing I didn't describe was how he got his ship, and even I don't know that. With him, nothing is set in stone, he's completely insane, meaning if someone somehow got him to sit down and talk sanely for any amount of time, they would get gibberish and bits of a single story that all contradicted each other or were completely impossible in the first place. He's nuts, nothing can be done about it. He could do anything you think of and never have done any of it for real, or done some of the most improbable things, but the ones that seem most likely were never touched on. Really, the only thing he can't do no matter what is be and speak sane.
Back to top Go down
Toasty
Toasty

PostSubject: Re: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:54 am

I'm mostly concerned for telekinetic abilities, as you said. I'm unsure of any bit of Metroid cannon that includes anyone with telekinesis, as to why I'm reluctant to just give you the key and drive off. An outline of how far his fire power ability might go if you can prove that people in the universe even have telekinesis, because once you bring magic into the mix anything's possible, and even without a suit I'm afraid of how imbalanced the character might be.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:24 am

Okay, proof of telekinetic abilities. Talon Aran. Crazyzealot's character Talon Aran has telekinetic abilities and was approved long ago. As for range, only the distance he can see, if it's too far away to be able to see, he can't flame it, so probably about fifty feet or so before it gets too fuzzy to see. That is not to say he needs line of sight however

Also, Cannon is a weapon, what you use it as is actually spelled canon, which refers to something that in one continuity, is something that actually happened and counts.
Back to top Go down
Toasty
Toasty

PostSubject: Re: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:45 am

Bleh. Approved.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 12:12 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Didn't MB have telekinetic abilities too? I haven't played Other M in like years but I recall her having them.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 12:20 pm

I' unno. maybe. I've played other m more recently than that, but I haven't gotten very far into it this playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)   Bob Batshit (please read RxNF) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bob Batshit (please read RxNF)
Page 1 of 1