Metroid Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Universe

A Role Playing site that takes place in the Metroid universe

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord
Latest topics
» Vela Aran
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 am by Pink Cat

» Lexi-4(WIP)
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 pm by Pink Cat

» Vela Faden
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm by Pink Cat

» Espera Nota, Hero of The War
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 pm by Sivus Grahn

» Laura / L-98
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm by Fox the Ruffian

» Regina Locke
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:45 pm by Pink Cat

» Lyzla Attano
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am by Pink Cat

» Allison Grace Williams
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm by Jubilant Demon

» Samantha Anderson
Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 6:01 pm by Jubilant Demon

Outbreak on Treceran

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 8:53 pm

(It's actually much more reliable, especially since I could now get notifications on TFRP because I changed settings on that site)
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TalonAran
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

Location : the E.S.S Niflheim, conducting experiments on...Volunteers

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 9:37 pm

As Rose begins performing the operation, she also strikes up a conversation (a monologue really) with Talon. "Alright Talon, now I need you to keep quiet that you have this. Especially the model, either what you heard earlier or the colloquial term "Prometheus", okay? This thing is serious military grade hardware...or used to be, until they banned its use in seventy two galaxies for its nearly infinite weaponization potential. To get one legally nowadays, you not only have to be part of the military, you have to have had most of your body blown off (likely in a plasma explosion of some kind) in the service, and you have to have nineteen specific mental disorders (because the combination of those nineteen almost ensures that the user won't turn on the Galactic Federation and end up using the prosthetic for their own ends), AND you have to be in ONE SPECIFIC GALAXY. Well, you have to go there and have all the paperwork filled out, then you can acquire one anywhere that can make one. But after that, you have to have a government sanctioned medical doctor specifically trained in equipping this kind of prosthesis, and ONLY this kind of prosthesis, be the one to attach it to you. And after all that, you have to have at least a dozen military provided implants put into your brain and nerve centers in order to keep you under control. Though honestly, I can't say I blame them all that much. Just touching a compatible piece of tech once this is attached to you, if you're not careful, will absorb it into the prosthesis and repurpose it, mostly into a weapon of some kind. There was one guy who actually had his entire body replaced with the same tech used to make this arm, only leaving his heavily modded brain semi-organic. He ended up becoming unable to control himself, and turned into a walking weapon of mass destruction. He destroyed the populations and scorched the earth of THREE PLANETS before they stopped him. That wasn't even the last case, or the first, they didn't make it illegal to have one of these for another ten decacycles yet. ...Nowadays, the only place you can get a good one of these is a black market dealer, or someone who knew how to do it before they were illegal and escaped from the GF's hit-squad. Like Seridus. That's how we became friends actually, I helped him escape from the Galactic Federation when they were trying to silence him and...well, put him to rest. They actually managed to get most of his lower body to be honest, we had to build him a compatible bio-mechanical replacement, and that thing was what we ended up with. Last he told me, he actually preferred the new legs to his old ones, better grip and stuff. Who knew? Well, that should take care of it. Test the arm out." The whole process took nearly four hours, though it would have felt like only ten minute to Talon, due to the anesthetic. Rose had taken great care with her speech to make it sound to Talon like she was talking at a normal speed. When the operation had finished, Rose administered an anti-anesthetic to flush the drug from Talon's system prior to telling her to test out the new arm.
(There's actually more than that, but the thing I wrote for the arm involves Talon's feelings through it, and stuff like that, and I don't want to dictate her actions more than necessary for the writing quality)
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 9:43 pm

Talon grabbed the knife she had used on her arm before, crushing it in her hand. "Groovy," she said, standing up slowly. "So no telling people what this is, and no touching technology. You'd think they'd add a toggle or something to that," she said. "What upgrades did you have? It looked like you put a ton of stuff into it. And what about my suit, is that considered "compatible"?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 9:50 pm

(Did you really have to go for the extra Army of Darkness reference along with the Evil Dead 2 reference?)
(Talon's cybernetic arm looks almost identical to her original, skin-tone, blemishes, scarring, everything down to the placement and length of the fine hairs on her arm's surface was visibly identical. It even felt the same, down to the sensitivity when she used it to touch something, for all intents and purposes, Rose had just put a bit of metal in Talon's arm. Until she focused on it. As soon as she would do so, a list would pop up in her mind, accelerating her though process so she could easily choose from the options with time to spare. As soon as she made her choice, the arm would open up in one of its many configurations, activating whatever module Talon had chosen in a fraction of a second.
The modules the Prometheus series X42-Delta-Phi model Delta Rho-3 military prosthesis has currently include (but are very not limited to)
-High power plasma cannon, fires out shells of ultra-high energy high-viscosity (solid-state, plasma gets thicker and more viscous as you put more energy into it) plasma, temperatures approach 66,696 degrees centigrade. Produces a high intensity heat-shield to protect the user from backlash, arm opens up only slightly (a smaller version of the opening of the power beam when charging), a cannon barrel protruding slightly from the palm
-Plasma torch, shoots a continuous stream of "cold plasma" (temperatures approach 7,486 degrees centigrade), can be used for welding if controlled, or as just a torch. By increasing the power output, the length of the stream before cooling and deplasmification increases proportionally to the energy input. Formed from fore and middle fingers merging together and a barrel of sorts protruding from the combined tip
-Hacking device, almost instantly hacks into any computerized device, and can conform itself to almost any inlet/outlet shape that data can pass through to enable hacking. Contained solely in the forefinger.
-Grenade generator, a small "platform" barrel protrudes from the palm, and a matter/energy converter inside the arm roars to life, generating just about any kind of grenade or other small explosive that Talon can think of.
-Grapple Beam, a Grapple Beam module Ala MP3:C, with Lasso, Swing, Voltage, and a pseudo-phazon modules installed, able to attach to surfaces grappling beam modules usually can't as well. Produced from a node on the back of the hand that only shows when in use
-Shield Emitter, capable of emitting a wide variety of hardlight, plasma, and energy shielding at will. Produced by the same node as the Grapple Beam
-Lighter, a simple lighter? HAH! A PLASMA lighter, used for starting fires or cutting through things. A weaker version of the plasma torch. Forefinger opens at the very tip, and the plasma shoots out an inch and a half.
-Flamethrower, Fired from the wrist (the hand moves down and the whole arm opens up down the middle between where the bones would be, then a small barrel pushes out), the flame of this thrower is somehow sticky, and capable of surviving even in a vacuum, despite actually being fire of some kind. Winds and other natural or unnatural things that would normally put out or redirect fire have no effect on this flame.
-Energy Blade, a powerful blade made of hardlight and plasma, can be lengthened, shortened, or have its shape changed at will. Emitted from the wrist.
-Spacial distorter, capable of distorting the fabric of space to suit Talon's needs, responds directly to her thoughts and will. Takes a high energy toll, and does not have a special configuration.

The arm is also highly modular! Whatever upgrade unit is installed will be almost immediately absorbed and repurposed to function at peak capacity for the arm, and it has almost universal compatibility.)
"Yes. Your suit would be considered "Compatible Technology". But don't worry, it shouldn't get absorbed, or if it does, then you'll still be able to use it, just in a slightly different form. But, like I said, it absorbs things if the person isn't careful. If you know what you're doing and how to control the arm, then it won't absorb anything without you wanting to. You just need to be careful until you get used to it. ...Actually, it might be a good idea to fuse the suit to your prosthetic, it would be easier to activate, and would work better, and nobody could steal or hack it." Rose replies.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 9:54 pm

(Yes. Yes I did)
Talon nodded. "That sounds good then," she said, grabbing the device used to summon the suit with her hand. Absorbing it into the hand and integrating it with her technology, allowing her to summon it using only her cybernetic. "I'm starting to think cutting that hand off was the best decision I've made, this is awesome," she said.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:00 pm

"And yet, I'll still know the difference sadly. *Dejected Sigh*" is Rose's response. She then walks out of the room and sits down at the controls for the ship, directing it towards a particular place, then initiating a system jump. "Alright Talon. You said before that once we left that fucked planet, you had to go somewhere...in the same system, right? Please tell me I didn't get it wrong and make a jump back to this system for no good reason." Rose says as the ship stares down the system Tawfret and Treceran both occupied (the EX-33-Alpha-J system, stupid, but you know those science types).
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:06 pm

Talon nodded. "Yeah, I wanted to go back to Tawfret to take out that Leviathan," she said. She just wanted that thing gone. She didn't intend on living on her home planet again, but she at least wanted it to be more livable. "And maybe get my ship back off Treceran, unless this ship's more than just borrowed," she said.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:11 pm

"Yeeup. Got myself a ship with a functional warp engine for free off some guy with a few winks and threats. Now aren't I special?" Rose says jokingly, piloting the ship through the system before realizing something. "Wait, Talon, I don't know where ...or WHAT for that matter, Tawfret is. I kind of guess it's a planet, right? Since you mentioned a Leviathan?"
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:20 pm

Talon blinked a bit. "Shit, this ship got a map on it or something? I don't know how ships work very well," she said, wiggling her left hand a bit. She was amazed how much it felt like her original one. It's like it was never cut off.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:27 pm

"Not really, don't you remember what this Tawfret looked like? I mean, most planets with a Leviathan have some pretty distinctive features. What ones does Tawfret have?" Rose asks, looking around at the planets in the system. She could recognize the planet they had just left, Treceran, by its overgrown surface, all the green, and the scar left by the Leviathan (also the constant dimensional slippage), but she didn't know anything about Tawfret, she wasn't able to recognize which planet might be the one they were looking for. Then an idea dawned on her "Wait! Weren't those guys from before called...something something Tawfret? Maybe we should look for them, and they could end up leading us to the planet (even if only by being near it)!" Rose exclaims, feeling that her idea was nothing short of brilliant, if a bit obvious in retrospect.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:39 pm

Talon blinked. "Well shit, that works. They're probably still in orbit of Treceran, we weren't gone that long," she said. And as she thought, the SoT ships were still in orbit of Treceran. All 5 of them.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:42 pm

"Oh. Well darn. I was hoping they would be around Tawfret, that would have made things so much easier. *Sigh* Well, something something of Tawfret, here we come." Rose says, piloting the ship in the general direction of the SoT "fleet". When they finally reach the ships, Rose requests to dock over the communication array.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:54 pm

"Could always just ask," she said. And then realized that was what she was trying to do. Huh. At the request to dock, they ask exactly who is asking.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:58 pm

Rose opens the Comm array's audio transmission system, altering her voice and giving off a string of numbers, letters, and key-words identifying her as some schmuck with a high military rank who needed to see their leader for urgent business, partially pertaining to a possible threat. That always works...or...Well, it USUALLY works at least. Never failed before now. Is it going to fail? These are the thoughts flashing by in Rose's mind.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:02 pm

The people behind the communication line were a bit confused. "How do you know these? Our entire fleet is here," the communications guy said suspiciously. Talon took over. "Look, I'm the girl who blew up the Leviathan on Treceran. I want to talk about blowing up the one on Tawfret," she said. There was a pause, and they nodded. "Docking request granted."
"Sometimes the direct approach works better than the sneaky one," she said.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:05 pm

Rose pouts and then sticks out her tongue at Talon, happy that they're getting in without issue, but disappointed that they hadn't gotten in through her method. But, Rose faithfully pilots the ship into the docking bay, locking the ship's controls once inside and "safe", and then getting up from her seat. She then walks towards the ship's exit, ready to fight if the need arises, as it may well among such rude company.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:12 pm

Talon walked toward the ship's exit as well, watching the door open up. A squad of soldiers walked onto the ship, with Arcturus in front of them. Narrowing his eyes as he looked at Talon. "So the biggest pain in my ass for years wants to help me now?" he asked with a rather deep southern accent. Talon had taken out quite a few Authority bases back on Tawfret.
"Look, I made my way offworld and so did you. As long as you let me go without any issue, I'll take out that big blue rock, it'll stop the Phazon from corrupting the planet further, you guys can stick to doing...whatever the hell you're doing," she said. He looked to her for a bit. "Fine, why not? It'll save me the trouble," he said. "I just need the coordinates to Tawfret and we'll be fine," she said. He nodded. "I'll send them over to your ship. You do this and we're no longer enemies," he said, walking off with his men before the door shut behind him. In a few minutes, the coordinates to get to Tawfret were sent to their ship.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:18 pm

"And here I was expecting an armed escort to a throne room. What a buzzkill." Rose says, half joking, half serious. She returns to the helm, realizing she never needed to leave in the first place, and closes the ship's exit hatch as she prepares it for liftoff. "Alright Talon, buckle up." She says, activating the ship's thrusters and piloting them out of the larger vessel, punching in the coordinates for Tawfret in the auto-pilot, and setting in for the long ride (seeing as her ship wasn't that fast when not using the warp-drive, and Tawfret was over 10 AU away). This included getting comfortable. As in, bare skin comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:20 pm

Talon shrugged. "He was never really the throne room kinda guy, that was more the raider gang bosses I met," she said. After seeing her get...comfortable. She decided to join her.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:24 pm

...After their...comfortable ride, Rose lands the unnamed ship on the surface of Tawfret, only a few hundred meters from the Leviathan. By now she was clothed, and even decked out in her own (weak-ass in comparison to Talon's (now even more form fitting)-) armor. While her armor was little more than what the name says, it had holes in all the right places for her to transform the useful stuff, and even had a space for the penis cannon where the armor was thinner on her right forearm.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:26 pm

Talon looked Rose's armor for a bit before activating her own armor, materializing her power armor over her body from her hand. While also pulling her shotgun out. "Let's fuck some shit up," she said, walking out of the ship.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:36 pm

"YEAH! Once we get to the Leviathan." Rose responds. The only reason she had landed the ship so far away was in fact because the ship was unable to cope with the intense phazon radiation. Factually, she should have landed several MILES away, they were already dangerously close for the non-combat ready ship's minor shielding. But she didn't want to have to fly too far, no matter how inhuman she was, it was still tiring to carry someone for miles in your arms while flying, no matter how heavy or light they are. Rose once more forms the angel like wings, as her body morphs into the "angelic" form that went with them. "Come on Talon, grab on." Rose says, preparing to fly once more.
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:39 pm

Talon climbed onto her. Gripping her chest a bit before holding on to her shoulder. Some heavily mutated abominations wandered the area, which was full of ruined buildings with Phazon growing over them, filled with blue veins with Phazon tendrils flailing around. This place was much more mutated by the Phazon than the one on Treceran, due to the Leviathan having been here for decades rather than days.
Back to top Go down
Sivus Grahn
Admin
Sivus Grahn

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:46 pm

As Rose looks around her (and begins to fly, which gives her an even better look around), she notices the strange corruption of the planet. Turning a bit to look at Talon, she says "You know, the people from this planet are really lucky. I don't know what happened here to make it this way, but the corruption on Tawfret is almost at a standstill. It usually takes less than a month for a full-grown unimpeded Leviathan to almost completely turn a planet into phazon. And yet Tawfret is almost completely untouched! It's an amazing thing, almost a miracle."
Back to top Go down
Pink Cat
Admin
Pink Cat

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 11:50 pm

Talon nodded. "The Sons of Tawfret might've had something to do with it...Or maybe the place it landed in? Not sure," she said, still holding on. Sneaking a squeeze in midair. "All I knew was to stay the hell away from this place, some people said just being able to see this place was enough to turn you into one of them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outbreak on Treceran   Outbreak on Treceran - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outbreak on Treceran
Page 17 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next