Metroid Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metroid Universe

A Role Playing site that takes place in the Metroid universe

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Discord
Latest topics
» Vela Aran
Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 am by Pink Cat

» Lexi-4(WIP)
Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 pm by Pink Cat

» Vela Faden
Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 pm by Pink Cat

» Espera Nota, Hero of The War
Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 1:12 pm by Sivus Grahn

» Laura / L-98
Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm by Fox the Ruffian

» Regina Locke
Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2021 8:45 pm by Pink Cat

» Lyzla Attano
Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am by Pink Cat

» Allison Grace Williams
Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm by Jubilant Demon

» Samantha Anderson
Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 6:01 pm by Jubilant Demon

Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
pup64

pup64

Location : *tries to think up a clever location* Uh... Milwaukee?

Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Empty
PostSubject: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:39 am

"Incoming Multiple-Recipient Document from Aurora Unit 217"
The document suddenly flashed into Thoth's- that's what he calls himself- head as he came out of a power saving state. He opened it and began to fill out the form. It was from AU217, from SkyTown, Elysia. The federation had made him an official "Mobile" Aurora Unit the day before, and he had gotten many warm welcomes to the AU network from units such as him and many others, like 242 on Olympus, 486 on Norion and Mobile AU 588 who's home planet was SR388- and she generally was considered "Stationed" There, despite her free movement. 588, named Cliodna, was a unit he had made friends with quickly. Maybe if the mission's any good I should forward it to her. He thought, a little too much thinking about Clio. He shook his head out and began to focus again. Thoth found it amazing that computers such as himself could comprehend emotion and having a personality. It was amazing that not all the information he had was preset. He could learn without a real person putting it into him. He finally directed his attention to the message.

--Federation Transmission--

Mission Summary:
A virus originating from Twin Tabula has recently lost control. The scientists who will have volunteered for the roster will be put on a team to find a cure, and the marines volunteering will guide the scientists through environmental dangers, et cetera.
Full Plan:
1. Scientists will search Twin Tabula, and will be equipped with scanning visors 100% of the time.
2. Marines will stick around the scientific team. If the scientists may face any obstacle, a demolition crew should take out said obstacle. If the obstacle is part of a village or city, Marines will negotiate with their inhabitants. If they are unfriendly, the obstacle will be removed by force. If ANY obstacle is unable to be destroyed by a demolition crew, marines will call an air strike. If ANY sort of supplies run out, the Federation will ship in more.
3. If scientists and marines find themselves under fire, the science crew will find a safe haven while the Marines fight them off. Once the battle is over, the search will continue.
4. When the source is found, the scientists will take control of the mission. First, a scientist will take a sample of the Twin fever virus. When (s)he does a short analysis, the will hopefully find a way to make the source stop producing the virus- we suspect this to be a space pirate lab.
5. The virus will be taken to galactic federation HQ's labs. When a cure is found, it will be distributed over Twin Tabula.
6. Federation scientists will take a sample of the virus and keep a computer record of one's DNA so we may bring the virus back for further study.

If you wish to be on the mission Roster, go here and post the below form and your responses.

Full Name (We may look up all other information using this) :
Group Registration: (Scientist or marine... Types of Marine: Demolition, Negotiator, Soldier... Multiple Groups may be chosen.):
Further Comments:
--Transmission Over--

Name: M.A.U. "Thoth" 642
Group Registration: Any/All
Comments: None

He sent it to 217, then decided to forward the original message to Clio, then went to Norion to prepare to take off to Twin Tabula.

"Hello, 242, please uplink me to the comm link nearest to Robert Shasta."
"Shasta here"
"Shasta, in case you want to be on the Scientific Crew of this mission, I'm forwarding everything now."
"Okay. Thanks, Thoth"

((I will be registering Clio and Shasta after I make this post))
Back to top Go down
http://www.metroidhacked.110mb.com
Aran

Aran

Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Empty
PostSubject: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:34 am

((Ok, should I post if you're gpomg to register the characters? I would like to put Samus in this thread))
Back to top Go down
http://lunarkingdom.proboards.com
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:47 am

Aran wrote:
((Ok, should I post if you're gpomg to register the characters? I would like to put Samus in this thread))

((Nah. I registered them by now. Do you want to RP, then?))
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 1:06 am

((Yep. Let's go!))
Samus sighed contently, relaxing in the pilot chair of her ship. Even though she was relaxed, and out of Powersuit, it was still uncomfortable. She was so used to being on edge and being in the Powersuit that well, normal relaxing felt odd.

"Incoming Message from the Federation." Her computer chimed suddenly, causing her to jump slightly.

"Bring it though." Realizing it was just her ship, Samus leaned back again, her long blonde hair almost touching the floor.

--Federation Transmission--

Mission Summary:
A virus originating from Twin Tabula has recently lost control. The scientists who will have volunteered for the roster will be put on a team to find a cure, and the marines volunteering will guide the scientists through environmental dangers, et cetera.
Full Plan:
1. Scientists will search Twin Tabula, and will be equipped with scanning visors 100% of the time.
2. Marines will stick around the scientific team. If the scientists may face any obstacle, a demolition crew should take out said obstacle. If the obstacle is part of a village or city, Marines will negotiate with their inhabitants. If they are unfriendly, the obstacle will be removed by force. If ANY obstacle is unable to be destroyed by a demolition crew, marines will call an air strike. If ANY sort of supplies run out, the Federation will ship in more.
3. If scientists and marines find themselves under fire, the science crew will find a safe haven while the Marines fight them off. Once the battle is over, the search will continue.
4. When the source is found, the scientists will take control of the mission. First, a scientist will take a sample of the Twin fever virus. When (s)he does a short analysis, the will hopefully find a way to make the source stop producing the virus- we suspect this to be a space pirate lab.
5. The virus will be taken to galactic federation HQ's labs. When a cure is found, it will be distributed over Twin Tabula.
6. Federation scientists will take a sample of the virus and keep a computer record of one's DNA so we may bring the virus back for further study.

If you wish to be on the mission Roster, go here and post the below form and your responses.

Full Name (We may look up all other information using this) :
Group Registration: (Scientist or marine... Types of Marine: Demolition, Negotiator, Soldier... Multiple Groups may be chosen.):
Further Comments:
--Transmission Over--

Samus sighed. This was a volunteer operation; she would not get paid. But she had never been to the planet, and therefore, the Chozo in her had the itch to join. Besides, it was better than sitting around doing nothing, and it was a great chance to kill Space Pirates. She fowarded her reply back.

Full Name: Samus "Hunter" Aran
Group Registration: Marine - Soldier/Negotiator
Further Comments: None

Feeling content, she headed to Twin Tabula, and brocasted on a GF channel.

"This is Samus Aran, member of the team for the Twin Tabula mission. I'm currently in a stationary orbit around the planet, awaiting further orders." Any member of her team would get the message, so she left the channel open. Looking over to her suit, she decided to wait until her team members arrived before she would put it on; incase she should go with her gravity suit. It was strange to not be doing a solo mission, but Samus decided it was better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Hiraito Kilepura
Admin
Hiraito Kilepura

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 4:02 am

Hearing the beeping of an incoming message annoyed Hiraito and so he decided to get up and check it out, or at least shut it up. He brings up the transmission and say nothing much exciting about the message except for when he saw demolitions. He looked over to his brother who was peoccupied with something and decided he'd reply.

Full Name: Hiraito Kilepura
Group Registration: Marine: Demolition/Soldier
Further Comments: I'd be happy to blow some stuff up.

After he sent the message he input the coordinates to Twin Tabula and set off. A grin came upon his face, happy to accept any invite to blow stuff up.
Back to top Go down
https://metroiduniverse.rpg-board.net
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 4:40 am

Shasta, looking at the mission roster posted on the Federation's network, laughed.

"We all love blowing stuff up!"
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 4:57 am

Samus chuckled to herself, but not loud enough for it to come through on the channel. "Is anyone able to send me the basic information on this planet? I would like to know what suit upgrades i need to equip." She looked around her ship, and pulled an old burt photo off the wall. It was a picture of her, her mother and father, and Poynchi. ((Not sure how to spell that)) It was taken a few days after her third birthday, about 3 months before the Space Pirates attack. It was one of the only things that survived.
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:01 am

((You mean Pyonchi? The Rabbit thingy? Wait... Wikitroid says Ponchi? I'll read the manga again later.))

"Twin Tabula? Has terrain similar to Tallon Four... Except it may have infected residents... we think it's airborne."

((EDIT: Wikitroid LIES!))
Back to top Go down
Hiraito Kilepura
Admin
Hiraito Kilepura

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:22 am

"I heard reports of the virus being airborn. The planet itself isn't much to look at. The atmosphere seems to be stable and hospitable, minus the virus of coarse. I'd have to ask my brother for any more information on the planet."
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:35 am

"Alright, then. Shall we wait for more people to join?"
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:18 am

Samus wanted to say no, but she knew that the descion wasn't hers to make. "Its up to you guys, i don't care either way."
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 8:39 am

((Can we just leave this topic open? You said somebody can't join 30 posts in unless they're invited, but can we make it an open topic or something, so people can join in later on?))
Back to top Go down
Hiraito Kilepura
Admin
Hiraito Kilepura

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 9:24 am

(OOC: Sure, we can do that for this topic.)
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 9:46 am

((What I'm going to do is have GF troopers walking around with no name, then have people fill in the blanks. So it won't be just the 5 or so of us on the mission. Does that make sense?))

"Alright" Shasta said. "Shall we head in?" He turned on his thrusters.
Back to top Go down
Hiraito Kilepura
Admin
Hiraito Kilepura

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:17 am

(OOC: That makes sence.)

"I'm ready for anything. My bro will watch over the ship while I'm gone. Right bro?" His brother was still too preoccupied with whatever it is that he was doing to really care.
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Sturdy and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild.   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:47 am

((I'm fine with it))
"Ok, where are we landing?" Samus asked. She walked over to her suit and looked over it happily, before it disappearing and reappearing again on her in a bright flash of light. Everything was ready for battle, so she sat down again, going over scans that her ship had been taking. "Looks like I'm picking up some minor Space Pirate activity. They're probably the ones spreading the virus, or they're infected as well." Samus smiled to herself; usually Federation members were to scared of her to talk to her, while these people treated her on their own level. It felt much more comfortable, but she felt determined to keep the stuck up, I'm-good-at-everything-so-you're-useless act while with them. She herself didn't know why.
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:32 pm

In the atmosphere where heat could travel, Shasta hit a Thermal switch, reading the mood status of the entire fleet. He liked this gadget especially because he had worked on the computers that could detect precision differences in Emotion and Mood.
"Don't get too cocky, Samus." He would have loved to see the look on her face, but he wasn't quite sure what she was being arrogant about. But either way, this was his way to counteract; to show that being a scientist has its perks, too; Mind Games.
Back to top Go down
Hiraito Kilepura
Admin
Hiraito Kilepura

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 1:17 pm

"I'm not sure on how the virus came to be, but I'm not sure if the pirates introduced it. If they did, I'm sure they would have used it on other Federation planets like Norion. Are you guys picking up anything else?" He quickly gets off the pilot's seat and heads back to the outfitting room. There he gets his battle suit on. After making a few checks, he was all ready to kick some ass and blow stuff up. He returns to the pilot's seat a few minutes later after he had left, any responces would have been played over the intercom.
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 1:56 pm

"I have found the docks and am uploading the coordinates..." Thoth commented over the intercom of all three ships. Thoth hit a switch, immediately sending a code to the ship computers of the rest. Shasta then loaded the codes onto rail system then jerked suddenly about 30 degrees to the left, with the docks not currently in sight.
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Sturdy and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild.   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:05 am

Samus almost wanted to laugh, but she kept quiet, looking at code. "Meet you there guys." She engaged her thrusters and the ship vibrated slightly as it headed towards the landing site. "Computer, play Musette In D, BWV Anh. 126 by Johann Sebastian Bach please," She muted her line, so her music wouldn't bother the others, but she could still hear them, and the classical music filled the ship. Classical music is one of the only things like make me like the human race. That and tea. She thought as her ship glided to the coordinates.
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:59 am

"Is that it up ahead?" The ship’s computer used sensors in the seat to calculate his exact position and shined a laser where it would hit the coordinates at Shasta’s perspective.
"Alright, the docks are right here..."
"What a dump..." Clio said behind him.
"Yeah," Thoth said, "No wonder they spawned twin fever; they can't take care of their own planet!"
"Okay, okay," Shasta said "Cool it. We're about to hit the ground and we don't want to offend any residents while you're complaining abou-"
Suddenly, but still unsurprisingly, they hit the ground.
Back to top Go down
Aran

Aran

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Sturdy and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild.   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:26 am

Samus' ship landed smoothly next to theirs, and the circular platform that held Samus whizzed down, revealing Samus in her orange clad Power-suit. She was glad for the fact that her suit filtered the air basically, so she didn't have to worry about contamination. She looked up at their ship, her visor showing no signs of life. Finally, she entered the comm. "my suit doesn't allow speech outside, so i'll be speaking though the comm at all times."
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:51 am

"That's weird," Shasta said, putting a Matter translation Device over his face. "You would have to use the comm in space too; no oxygen for sound to travel through."
He jumped out, with a small kit of scientific supplies and a PED and MTD slung over his back. An invention of Thoth's, MTDs, or matter translation devices, were able to create Phazon molecules by binding atoms changed from any form of matter; same with oxygen or anything else important.
Back to top Go down
Hiraito Kilepura
Admin
Hiraito Kilepura

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:54 am

Hiraito pilots the ship down to the landing site and leaves the ship in his brothers care. "So, where do we start on finding the 'outbreak'?"
Back to top Go down
pup64

pup64

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:04 am

"I'm thinking about that." Shasta leaned onto a rock.
"It's possible some the Tabulans know something," Clio suggested
"True, True," Shasta sighed, "That's a good point. We can't exactly be all over the place." He brought up a map. "It's a big planet."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild   Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twin Fever: Study and Hopeful Extermination of a Deadly Virus from the Wild
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next